Thursday, October 6, 2011

On An Addendum

My previous blog post was on accessories.  But I failed to mention one new addition to my favorite accessories.  When my left hand is resting on my left handlebar, there now sits a new point of light.  My honey would refer to it as a commonplace, expensive piece of dirt.  I would prefer to call it the shiniest most beautiful thing I've ever seen.  Specifically, it is an ideal-cut, Tiffany-set diamond engagement ring given to me by my honey from my home city of NYC.  I was actually really nervous the first day I biked with it on.  It's slightly big for me and in the cooler weather it can spin a bit on my finger.  I was also worried - irrationally so - that somehow the diamond would leap from the seemingly gravity-defying four prong setting and I'd find myself biking along with a shiny platinum band complete with four lonely spikes.  But, so far, so good.

While most days involve a wedding conversation with my now-fiance, my mother, his parents, friends or coworkers, my bike now provides another welcome benefit... When I'm on my bike, I don't have to talk or think about wedding plans.  I get to be the same me from 5 weeks ago who just rides her bike to work free of the entanglements of downtown DC traffic.  So thank you, Blue Beauty, for providing the refuge I didn't even know I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment