Friday, June 3, 2011

On Blogging

I’ve always been a bit skeptical of blogs.  Anyone can write one – which is great as well as ridiculous.  I have no training or actual skill that gives me the right to send my thoughts out into the world.  And I’m a terrible speller.  I think one should be required to have spelling skills above a third grade level when writing for the public.  But, in a world of spell-check and something called a "blogosphere", it seems that anything goes.  Access to a computer and internet is really all one needs.  But just because it's written doesn't mean it will be read (let alone enjoyed).  Embarking on this blogging journey I am left worndering if anyone besides my mother and boyfriend will bother reading these posts.  But, perhaps others who know me, share my city or even my mode of transport will identify with various aspects of what I share (in frustration, amusement and general wonderment) on in these pages.  And if I’ve already bored you, I apologize and promise that you never have to waste five minutes of your time here again.

3 comments:

  1. You've made a good start. And your boyfriend is reading. Bet I could get my dad to blogroll you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I dont even know what blogroll means!! Katie, at least you and this blog have me learnin' something about this new-fangled internet... off to google 'blog roll'...

    ReplyDelete